When checklist is done rename last checklist item and add new checklist item

Espen Røv November 27, 2020

Hello, I'm struggling to get this to work. Trying to set up a checklist "Status" which shows a repeating task every x months. In this case informing customers in construction project of the projectstatus every 2 months (checklist item named "Send SMS").

when checklist "Status" is completed in a card by anyone, set due in 2 months, move the card to the bottom of the list, and add item "Send SMS" to checklist "{checklistname}"

The idea is when someone checks "New SMS" another "New SMS" is created with due date 2 months ahead but it doesn't work more than one time and command log shows possible loop detected. How can I solve this?

As a bonus question, I'd also like to rename the checked "New SMS" to "New SMS - Sent {date} by {initials of the one who checked it} but I can't figure out how to do it and what the correct syntax is.

Thanks for reading, hoping this is possible with Trello Business Class

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2020

Hi Espen:

I do not have Business Class - so I can't verify the "set item due in 2 months" part of this within Butler, but I can help with revising your command to help with your repeating task.

Here's the command I created that should repeat the checklist item whenever it is completed. It posts a comment with the date/initial information you are looking for - rather than changing the checklist item. It does show the syntax you are looking for. 

when the "Send SMS" item is checked in a checklist named "Status", move the card to the bottom of the list, post comment "SMS Sent {date} by {initials}.", add item "Send SMS" to checklist "Status", and set the item due in 2 months

I've also attached a screenshot here that has the rule view for this command. Hope this helps in some way!

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 8.49.07 AM.png

Espen Røv November 30, 2020

Thanks, very helpful!

Like carrie_eandm likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events