When a card moves to another list in Trello, how do change the Contalist contact field?

Peggy S Overbey August 9, 2022

I have two lists in Trello named Candidate and Client.

I have the same two group field names in Contalist.

Is there a way to automatically change the Contalist contact from Candidate to Client when I move the card from the Trello list Candidate to Client?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2022

@Peggy S Overbey 
To tag a contact to a client or ,say, a supplier on different list can only be done with API assuming there some lockup to use. Additionally you can customise the action for a contact type for by list. 

Peggy S Overbey August 11, 2022

You're over my head with whatever API is.  Thanks for trying though.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2022

@Peggy S Overbey 

API is a means in provided by Contalist to allow you to read / write to Contalist database. I have worked with them to use their api for very specific use case. One example is to take data from another form app to insert a contact and have it show up on the card. If you use their webform it happens automatically but not when you use another form like Typeform etc or you want to use data from another source like a lookup card. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events