When X number of items are checked in a checklist, trigger

Nathan Fuller September 13, 2021

Hi all,

I'm new to automation and a little stumped.

I have a checklist with 3 items. I'd like to setup some labelling rules. I can do the basics just fine, but what I'd really like to achieve is:

• When 1 of the 3 items is checked, remove all labels, add the yellow label
  • When 2 of the 3 items are checked, remove all labels, add the orange label

Can someone help me achieve this please? It's likely very simply but I can't find it anywhere 

3 answers

0 votes
Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2021

You could use the smart value .size and the Advanced Compare condition (see https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-lists/

e.g. have an Advanced condition that checks for:

{{issue.My checkbox field name.size}}

EQUALS

And then in that block set the appropriate labels

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

How about splitting out the items into different checklists? So, you would have 3 checklists - if you only have 3 check-items, you would just add one item per checklist. So you would then set your rules like so:

Checklist A: when all items in this checklist are complete, remove all labels and add the yellow label.
Checklist B: When all items in this checklist are complete, remove all labels, add the orange label.

And the 3rd check-item would be nested under Checklist C.

You could then create templates with the checklists/check-items already populated so you don't have to always be manually creating 3 individual checklists for each card.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2021

@Nathan Fuller 

While the data points exist as variables,  there is no trigger of the kind you described. You have to use http request to some endpoint to handle this type of automation. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events