Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I create a new card, one of my former team members is automatically tagged on the card.

Deleted user June 12, 2017

How do I remove this setting?  When I start my first comment, "@sbascourt" automatically appears in the comment section, and I have to delete it every time.

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2017

Hey Jay

By chance do you have Butlerbot on your board? 

Deleted user June 13, 2017

Not that I'm aware of.  I have the plain ol' version of Trello.  No bells or whistles.

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2017

See if you have a list somewhere on the board that is titled "butler"

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2017

Hi,

Matthew has a good point that a Butler automation could have been left by the prior user, but I think what Jay is experiencing may be different.

Jay, do you mean that a comment appears automatically when you create a new card, or do you mean that when you start to type a comment the text is initialized by default with something you may have typed in the past? If so, this is because Trello remembers half-started comments so that you can retake them later. Sometimes, though, they get stuck and keep coming back. Does this match your experience? If so, does this happen on the app or on the browser?

Deleted user June 13, 2017

Here's what I'm observing.  I add a new card, I hit "Enter" on my keyboard after typing the title, and then I click on the card to open it.  At that point, the detailed description field is blank, but the comment field says, "@sbascourt."  On the other hand, when I add a new card, click "Add" (instead of hitting Enter), and then access the card, everything appears blank (as I expect).  There's something weird when I hit Enter instead of Add.

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2017

Yes, I think this is a comment draft that has become stuck in your browser local storage.

The best way to prove if this indeed is the problem is to log into Trello from an incognito or private browsing window. If this doesn't happen, then you've got your problem.

Here's how to open an incognito browsing session in Chrome:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?source=gsearch&hl=en

Here's how to open a private browsing session in Safari:

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21413?locale=en_US

(You'll need to log into Trello again.)

If the problem doesn't occur in an incognito browser session, then you have the root cause of the problem.

This problem usually goes away with usage, although I can't pinpoint exactly how to force it to go away. You can try by replacing the text you get by default in the comment with a single space (in my experience, deleting it completely doesn't work, you just keep getting it back).

A more drastic solution is to clear the local storage for trello.com, but unless you have experience with advanced browser settings, I wouldn't recommend this option.

Deleted user June 14, 2017

Browsing in Incognito seems to be working.  I'll try replacing the text with a space, too.  Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events