Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

What will happen when we cancel Business Class?

My organisation has been using Business Class for several years, but for various reasons we are unlikely to renew our subscription (or move to the "new alternative").  I'd like to understand 

• what would happen if we just let the subscription lapse - i.e. would our users lose access to any boards that they are on
  • whether there is a sensible set of "do this before it's too late" actions we can take to minimise the disruption from bullet one.

Thanks all!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Waite Atlassian Team Sep 19, 2021

As you've raised this in Community, I can only give general information, but if you need further clarification after my response, feel free to raise a ticket at Trello Support. This is so we can look at your account and give you information specific to your case. I don't want to make private details about your subscription public.

But essentially, when you cancel your subscription:

• You will have access to Premium (formerly Business Class) features until your next renewal date
  • At this date, you will lose access to features, such as:
    • Custom Fields (if you didn't enable the power-up before this power-up went away)
    • Board Views
    • Advanced Checklists, etc.
  • You will also have your workspace adhere to the ten board limit. All but ten of your boards will be closed if you are over this limit. To keep them open, you will need to create new workspaces, move open boards to these workspaces, then reopen boards, and continue to go through this cycle until all the boards you need open are open

Mmm - having asked the question, I see some useful "related community content" that I missed from a simple search.  It looks as though https://help.trello.com/article/836-cancel-trello-business-class is the thing that I need (where the key point is that all but the 10 most active boards will be closed down).

So, I think what I need to do is:

• warn my users
  • advise them to move any "organisation" boards into their personal workspaces.

If anyone thinks there is more to it, please let me know!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,399 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you