Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to track the pain level of my feature request/bug cards?

Regina Bellows August 23, 2017

We are a SAAS company and we use Trello to keep track of bugs & feature requests. Some of these bugs/features are very painful for our customers (they prevent usage) and some are just "nice to have someday." There's a scale between those two extremes and I'm trying to come up with a way to help our product manager so he can sort through the most painful ones first. What's the best way to go about this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Regina Bellows August 23, 2017

I've learned two ways to go about this:

1. Use the custom fields add on. It lets you create dropdowns. I created one for "User Priority" and one for "Dev Difficulty." The dropdowns are great and appear on the outside of the card, BUT they are not searchable or filterable.

2. If searching and filtering through these fields are super important, the only way I can think of doing it would be using the labels. These are like tags... So you'd have to create each option as it's own label. For example "User Priority 1 (low)" User Priority 2 (kind of low), etc.

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2017

Create criteria to check issues agiasnt then use something like a priority or severity field to assign a 'pain level' to the issue. We do this for our service desk as well. So when a bug is submitted depending on the submitted info the ticket is categorized as one of the following prioritries Project Low Med High 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events