Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between archiving a card and moving it to my "Done" board?

Lindsey_Ross December 29, 2018

I have many recurring projects that recur once or twice a year. For example, I have a big show that happens in the summer, and there are hundreds of tasks that are linked to it. When I finish a task, I want to be able to either archive it or move it to my "Done" board and then not have to see it again for the next 6-12 months. (I have the Repeater power-up to signal it to recur in the correct amount of time.)

My question is, should I be simply archiving these cards when I'm done with them, or moving them to my "Done" board? Will either one affect my card repeater's ability to recur? I'm afraid that I'll choose the wrong option and the repeater will somehow be disabled so these cards will be gone forever and I'll have to go searching for them again in a year when this project starts over for 2020.

Or is there a better way to deal with annually recurring tasks that I want to see once a year and then not think about again until it's relevant the following year?

1 answer

0 votes
Teddy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2018

Hi Lindsey!

The card repeater Power-Up works off of the card that you initially set the repeat up from, and that card will need to remain on the board, or be archived.

Any cards that are created as a result of the repeat will not be directly linked to the initial card, and you can definitely move those off of your board if you'd like. As long as the original card that you set the repeat up from stays on the board, then it will continue to repeat going forward.

Lindsey_Ross January 3, 2019

So just to clarify, if I move the card to a different list or board, the repeater will be deactivated? I have a "done" list on one of my boards, and I want to know if I accidentally (or purposefully) move the card to this list from its original one (i.e. "to do today"), can I trust that the repeater will bring it back at the specified time? Or only if it's been archived?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events