What is the best way to create a note associated with a specific "Link Card"?

Troy J Heffner December 19, 2021

I save a lot of cards using a URL. These cards are then considered a "Link Card" rather than a "Regular Card". When clicking on the menu button for the card the only options are "Move", "Copy", "Archive", or "Convert to Regular Card". How can I leave a note pertaining to that "Link Card"? Is there a Power Up? What is or would you consider to be the best workarounds if there is not a directly applicable solution or fix? I was considering a "Parent" & "Child" card connection (Link to Text), but I think I would still run into the same issue when attempting to create or access the notes I would be creating as a "Child" card. Your time and assistance are appreciated. Respectfully, Troy 

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2021

Hi Troy,

Thanks for reaching out!

Right now, there isn't a way to add a note associated with a Link card.

Link cards aren't designed to hold extra details like comments, due dates, descriptions, or any other standard features you would expect from a Trello card. If you want to use those, add your link as an attachment to that card instead (https://help.trello.com/article/769-adding-attachments-to-cards)

For example: create the card, add your notes in the card description, and add the link as an attachment.

Although this isn't exactly what you were looking for, I hope it helps!

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events