What happens to boards and automations created by a workspace member when they leave the workspace?

Stephanie Eisel October 1, 2021

I'm a VA and a client has invited me to her workspace. From my account I have created complex automation on the boards I'm a member of in her workspace. However, if she looks at the rules and automation on her end, she can't see the rules I've created on those boards. 

My question is, if we ever stop working together and I am no longer part of her workspace, will the automation I set up from my account disappear from her boards? Or will it continue to be functional for her? 

And if I created a board within her workspace and I invited her to the board, will she continue to have access to that board if I leave? 

1 answer

0 votes
jfischer October 4, 2021

she can't see the rules I've created on those boards.

If it's not a premium or enterprise account, she won't see yours. They need to be created on her account.

will the automation I set up from my account disappear from her boards?

I don't think the documentation mentions this explicitly, but it's my understanding that automations stay with the creator unless shared. On paid plans, they do have administrative powers over other user's automation, but that may not be the case here for your situation.

In a quick test, I added a member to my workspace, had that member create automations, removed that memeber from the workspace and the board in question continued to stay on my workspace as a shared board with a shared guest. The automations, since they were created on the guests' account continued to work.

And if I created a board within her workspace and I invited her to the board, will she continue to have access to that board if I leave?

Yes, but as a shared board with you as the admin/owner. See above answer.

Stephanie Eisel October 8, 2021

Thank you! That is helpful. It seems like to be safe I should go back and re-do the automations from within her account. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events