Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What ever happened to the "callback" capability in Trello custom power-ups?

Eric November 30, 2020

Searching has left me still without any documentation explaining why it was removed from the capabilities list and how it was replaced. Anyone have a link to the documentation? Or maybe a way to understand this?

Thanks,

kd

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2020

I am not quote sure what you are referring to. I am not aware of a Power-Up with that name - would you mind sending us a link to the Power-up page?

Or was this Power-Up by any chance that this was a custom or 3rd party Power-up that was build for your internal use?  In this case you would need to check with them on the functionality.

Eric December 4, 2020

Hi Torben,

Thanks for your response. As I learn to build my own custom Trello power up, I'm searching for good learning resources and so far, this one is the best (and only legitimate) tutorial I've found:

https://tech.trello.com/power-up-tutorial-part-one/

It (as well as other tutorials) refers to activating the Power-up Capability "callback" which cannot be found in the Trello Power-up Capabilities list for custom power-ups. It seems this used to be a feature and now the tutorial is outdated. Or maybe something else?

I'd like to better understand what happened to the callback capability and how it was replaced. More generally, I would really appreciate a qualified tutorial or starting point in learning to code custom Trello power-ups.

I appreciate your input - thanks!

KD

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events