It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What does it mean to my privacy of personal boards if my trello account becomes managed by employer?

According to my Trello Account, If I don't complete the steps in the banner in Trello by April 14th, my Trello account will be automatically connected to my employers managed Atlassian account. When a Trello account is connected to an employers managed Atlassian account, does that mean that they'll have access to our personal boards?  How can we ensure that our personal board space stays private from our employers?  

If they do not remain private, do we have to have two seperate trello accounts - one for work projects and the other for personal? 

Concerned and Confused!!

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy_Seddon Fancyface McSparklypants Wednesday

Hi @jessica_mcintosh_usw_salvationarmy_org,

Your company won't have access to your personal boards, however and boards that are still "owned" by your company email address you would lose access to if your company deactivated your work email account.

It's been a few weeks since I did that migration myself. But I'm pretty sure that as a part of completing the steps in the banner message there is an option to move your personal boards to another account/email address.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

The control freak's guide: using Trello to plan a relocation

My partner and I were planning this relocation for years. It was our shared dream to try and live in another country. As children of immigrants, we already have experienced this once, but this still ...

885 views 9 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you