Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What counts as a "less active board" and is there a way to stop hiding them in the drawer?

Laura McDonald August 1, 2017

Our team has a fair number of boards now and my boards drawer keeps hiding three of them and adding a link at the bottom to "show less active boards." 

This wouldn't be a problem except that it's hiding a board I use frequently, and not hiding ones I almost never use. 

Does anyone know of a way to stop hiding any or all of my boards in the drawer?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way right now to disable that feature, but as long as there's activity on the board, it shouldn't be hidden. Viewing the board does not register as activity, so an update or change would need to be made to the board in order for that to register.

If changes are actively being made to the board but it's still being hidden, it sounds like something might not be working quite right. If that's the case, would you mind reaching out to us at https://trello.com/contact with a link to the board? We'll take a look!

Laura McDonald August 3, 2017

Thanks – it hasn't happened again for a couple of days but I'll get in touch if it does!

Edward Brown September 7, 2017

I don't like features that use their own logic to decide which of my data to show me and then don't let me turn the feature off. I understand the over-arching problem of "too many boards" but I hope that releasing assumptive features before there's a disable switch does not become the new normal, now that Trello is in Atlassian's hands.

Notwithstanding an off switch, the feature would be more palatable if when hovering "Show less active boards" it displayed a list of the boards it was hiding.

Patty Dineen June 27, 2018

This is also a problem for us. Many people aren't noticing the "show less active boards" link at the bottom and missing out on information. We really wish there was a way to disable that and have all boards visible at all times.

Cameron Brown February 3, 2019

Please add the ability to turn this annoying feature off. Like Patty above, we have many members not noticing the tiny link, and not one of us wants any boards hidden. Often the 'less active boards' are the ones that need to be seen! 

I think it's pretty clear from the feedback above that the simple addition of an 'off' option for this would be very welcome.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events