What are the techniques for controlling what happens when you drag a Trello card?

Tom Vanderlinden February 4, 2019

Dragging Trello cards duplicates instead of moving them. Why? How can I control this?

Am seeing that when I drag a card to another position within the board, rather than moving the card, it creates a duplicate of it when I drag it to the bottom of a list. If I drag it instead so some location within a list, rather than the cards moving out of the way to make room for it, the card become an attachment inside one of the cards.

This only happens when I am using Trello within the browser (Safari) on my desktop computer. When working within the Trello app on my iPad, I can drag cards and they simply move, they do not duplicate. I would prefer this behavior when working within the browser. How can I accomplish this?

Added gory details:

When I drag a card, a green plus sign appears over it, and text appears listing the label category of the card, a number, the title of the card, and then "Drop files to upload. Too many app...".

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tom Vanderlinden February 18, 2019

So in Safari I logged out of and then closed the Trello pages I had open. Then went to Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data, and then searched on "Trello". There were 5 different caches. I selected them all, then chose "Remove" and "Done".

Then went back to the Trello site and logged back in. Problem gone, can drag cards anywhere within a board, no issue.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2019

@Tom Vanderlinden I've seen a few posts on here reporting weird behaviour in Safari recently. Can you try Chrome and see if you have the same issues? If not, it would be good to take a screencast for example with useloom.com and and email it to support@trello.com along with your OS and Safari version

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events