Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY not allow line break in a card???

Trần Thế Vinh December 4, 2017

Can not break a line in a card. WHY does Trello not support that??? WHY???

4 answers

1 vote
Ian Pridham September 12, 2018

This is also an issue for me in tasks. Sometimes the line breaks are very beneficial for a task without resorting to creating a separate card for it.

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2019

Line breaks are possible in description field using three dashes at once (---)

Chris Mottes August 13, 2019

Yes but on in list items for example - there is no reason not to add this to all fields where one might want to write.

0 votes
Chris Mottes April 13, 2018

I too need to use line breaks in anything I write - card descriptions, list points, card titles....makes no sense that this should not be supported, it is basic text formating. 

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Do you mean in the card title or the card description? The card title is of course a "one liner".

Philippe-André Lorin December 13, 2017

While it seems logical not to allow line breaks in titles, “card title” is just a misnomer. Everybody uses card titles as short descriptions, since that’s all the text we can see when looking at a whole board.

Some people (including me) do need proper line breaks there. Trello should let people decide whether they want them or not. What wrong would supporting the standard shift + return shortcut do?

Some people resort to extreme hacks to emulate that feature (see https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/20492/how-do-i-insert-a-carriage-return-on-a-card-in-trello ).

Like Eyal Kornblut likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events