Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHICH TABLES ARE UPDATED IN DATA BASE WHILE ISSUES MOVING FROM ONE TRANSITION TO OTHER IN JIRA UI

Santhosh Vegolam March 1, 2019

Hello Team,

any body please can help on this

i want small help regarding db tables on below

I want the DB tables details while we are transition of issue which tables we can see updates. like moving from To-do to In progress and then In progress to done etc

We are using postgres(Type-postgres72) database with version-9.5.10

our jira version is 7.9.2

Kindly request you to share the db tables names

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2019

It depends heavily on what data the issue has on it and what is configured for the issues.

I would strongly recommend NOT looking at the database for this.  It's complex, messy and hard to read.

Could you tell us why you are asking?  What are you trying to achieve here?  If we know that, we can almost certainly give you a much better (easier, faster and less complex) way to do it than listing 2/3rds of the Jira database and explaining the fifty or so tables you might have to read.

Santhosh Vegolam March 2, 2019

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

This data is requested by other team in our project so we have to provide this data 

Like whenever we are moving transitions like from TODO to INPROGRESS and then INPROGRESS  to DONE etc   in jira UI

In database while doing this transitions/status change which tables are updated this changes or in database these entries(transition changes) are effects which tables are stored this updates

so kindly request you to provide this db tables or provide any relevant to this 

Thanks

santhosh 

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2019

Hi @Santhosh Vegolam 

Have you at web hook functionality and REST API to communicate with other apps?

Hello @Tom Lister 

Thanks for quick response

we have webhook with slack application also RESTAPI

Thanks

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2019

Good

that will get you a more reliable way to watch events than any database polling

more info here

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/webhooks/

Hello @Tom Lister 

i am not looking for this link/information exactly  i want db tables while transitions/status change in jira like whcih tables stored or updated in database while performing workflow status change in jira UI

if any please provide 

i hope any database feels same and not sure but we are using postgreSQL 9.5.10

Thanks

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2019

I'll give you a quick starter for 10, but I won't have time to go down into any details on this forum

If you know your issue id look in the jiraissue table which will show you the current status

the status name will have to beg looked up in the jira status table.

with an issue id you can find a record of changes on the change group table

the change group is linked to change items which records the exact changes done. This is one of more byzantine bits of jira data. To find a transition , you need to look for the last change group that contains an item that changed the issue status

if you want to then retrieve details of custom fields attached to the item you will have to unpick customfield, customfieldoptions, customfiledvalues

Comments are buried in the jiraaction tables

I can feel PTSD coming on just thinking of going back in there.

REST API - you'll thank me for that advice one day

Hello @Tom Lister 

Thanks for your valuable time on this

I got your provided information  will more helpful to me 

Thank u so much and i will appreciate your help

i will let you know if any more on this

Thanks once again @Tom Lister 

Thanks

santhosh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2019

Tom has given you some of the tables that could be affected by a transition.  There are another 30-50 that could be updated on top of those, and you're missing any mention of the workflow stuff.

Again, please, don't bother with the database, do it properly with REST or Jira's UI.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events