Vendor bait and switch of "free" powerups

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2020

Hello, community team!

I am a bit concerned about the number of Powerup vendors who seem to conceal that their product isn't free... You often discover after adding the item, connecting it to your board, and attempting to use it... get prompted to purchase a license.  There is no clear and unambiguous disclosure at the top/filter level: free or not.

I would like to suggest adding this disclosure on the powerup browse page as an improvement, however...  I do not see how to suggest this.

What is the best way to suggest an improvement to Trello?  All the paths I have found thus far go to someone's public Trello board (nothing official looking), or a web page explaining "we are working on important stuff now, not suggestions... so if you have a support issue instead..."  Where can users suggest improvements, as with Jira?

Thanks for any relevant replies!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

@Bill Sheboy I don't think they're taking much in the way of feature requests at the moment, but I'll share this post in their Slack channel FWIW

2 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

I think it’s safe to assume that any Power-Up that wasn’t written by Trello or is an obvious integration to another service (Slack, Dropbox, etc) is going to be a paid add on. 

Your point is still valid though and a good request. Thanks for taking the time to share it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events