Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Trello Cards to Schedule Equipment

Jack Pearson November 17, 2017

My engineering firm uses a board to catalog our equipment as cards within category lists (i.e. Fall Arrest Harness in Safety, Moisture Meter in Field Tools, etc.). The cards work beautifully except for what seems like a lack of scheduling capability. We can use due dates to indicate a single upcoming use and then view that in calendar view, which is useful to a point. What we're missing is the ability to give multiple date ranges of uses so that we can show that person x has something reserved for a few days here, and person y can reserve it for a few days there. Is anyone aware of a native feature or a powerup that might give us the functionality we're looking for? I recognize that we're probably trying to use the cards for other than their intended function and that MS Office Calendars can be used for resources like this, but I've been directed to try and integrate this function into our existing Trello catalog.  Any ideas much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2017

Hi Jack,

Marta here, from Trello Support.

That's a really interesting use case! Right now, due dates weren't thought to fit that purpose, so it's not possible to add start and end dates to your cards. 

As a possible workaround, you can define start and ending dates for your cards using the custom fields Power-Up. Please note, however, that dates from this Power-Up won't show up in your board's calendar view for now. You can read more about custom fields here: http://blog.trello.com/trello-custom-fields/

I’ll pass your interest in this on to our team for consideration—let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to send their way.

Cheers,

Marta

David Halliburton September 26, 2023

Hi, Marta.  Has there been any progress made (since 2017!) to add the ability to use Trello cards to schedule equipment usage within a small office?

Thanks!

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events