Username is taken, but there is no account with that username

Laura Schoebel July 14, 2017

I recently tried to change my username, but was told that my chosen username is taken. Naturally I firgured I had maybe used it for a separate team and tried to log in with it. There I am being notified that no account with that username exists.

What is going on here?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2017

Hey Laura

If you go to www.trello.com/USERNAME, does a profile appear? 

Laura Schoebel July 19, 2017

No it does not. Doesn't that mean it's available? If so why can't I choose it?

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

Hey Laura

If no profile is coming up, that should mean that the username is available, however I understand that you're still getting the error that it's taken.  What if you tried changing the username on a different web browser?  Give that a try.  If that doesn't work, then I would recommend submitting a support ticket so that the great folks at Trello Support can look deeper into that for you.

Like 석현석 likes this
Laura Schoebel July 19, 2017

Hi Matthew, thanks for all your help. Everything works fine now. What I failed to realize is that the username (germany) I was trying to use is actually in use by Trello itself to inform users that Trello is now availabe in Germany. I completely misread that page, thinking that was telling me "Germany" was now available (as a username) on Trello. So sorry I caused confusion. Thanks again for all your insight though, much much appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events