Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User limit for power ups?

Megan Randall May 8, 2019

I'm trying to see if Trello is right for our team before we commit to purchasing. We have about 12 people on our board under the free account. Unfortunately, our users are now getting an error saying we've reached the limit for power up users on our board. I can't find anything detailing how many users on a board can use the power ups only that we can use only one power up under the free account. Any ideas how everyone can get the power up? Or do we have to purchase the higher to make this work?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2019

@Megan Randall 

Hi Megan, the Power-Up that the board's owner is enabling on the board is the one Power-Up that counts for all board members.

In general, no, there is no limit of people on a board that can use a single power-up.

However, there might be Power-Ups that restrict the configuration of a Power-Up to the board's owner.

Does that help?

Megan Randall May 13, 2019

Yes! It turns out that my team member thought he was installing Elegantt power up but was clicking on something else. User error! Thanks for the response! 

Like Katrin Anger likes this
0 votes
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2019

Hi Megan, here is how the Power-Up limit works:

Boards belonging to free users can turn on one Power-Up at a time, boards belonging to  Trello Gold members may have three Power-Ups turned on at a time, and Business Class boards can have unlimited Power-Ups.

Source: Enabling Power-Ups

You can find additional information here.

Megan Randall May 10, 2019

I see that says we can only use one Power Up, but we're all trying to use the same one power up. Is there a limit to the number of people on a board that can use a single power up is my question. Thanks for helping. 

Marjorie Benditt June 11, 2019

Are powerups specific to the board & the user?  For example, can two people have a different powerup enabled for the same board? Or is it only the board owner who can determine which power-ups are enabled for a specific board?  

Also, to make sure I understand the way this works:

-we have a sprint board that I would like to enable multiple power ups for, just for ONE person who owns and manages the board.  For example, Butler to add workflow, Corrello to do analytics, and custom fields.  So for that user, I would upgrade them to either Gold or Business license.   The rest of the users are all free users so they can enable a single power-up (which in our case is JIRA), but they just can't use the other powerups (which is fine, because they just need to be able to read/update cards).   Can Trello be used in this way?  (one business license and multiple free users?)  Thanks!

Like Cole Wedemeier likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events