Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use trello for lesson planning

Natalie Case July 28, 2021

Hello! I am a special education teacher and I am REALLY wanting to use trello for lesson planning. I LOVE that I can add so much info to a card. I can't fit what I need to on paper. I need to have viewing privileges for my instructional assistants and speech and occupational therapists. I can't afford to pay for business class and add all of those people. Any ideas on how to do this? Also is there a way to set up a board or multiple boards like days? I was thinking I would divide my boards by theme, I typically do a theme for 2-3 weeks.  Is my best bet to buy business class for myself and then add others as observers? Can they be free observers on multiple boards? This is my setup so far. Thank you!Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 4.01.08 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

1. In the free version of Trello, you only have two types of users: members or admins. Members are basically able to do everything unless you change the settings of the board to prevent members from commenting. Apart from that, they'll still be able to create and edit cards. The only option on the free version is to make the board public and share the link with them rather than add them as members.

2. It might end up being quite a bit of work to create multiple boards in this case. One way to achieve this is to categorize the themes as lists, labels, or a dropdown custom field. If you want to have a calendar view, you could use the calendar power-up. When opening the calendar power-up, it gives you a unique URL, so you could just share that URL with the relevant members.

Here's an idea of what it could look like:
Screenshot 2021-07-29 092517.png

It still might be worth getting the business class for two reasons:
1. You can add everyone as observes rather than making the board public. If you just have one main board, you won't have to pay for them (they only become paid guests when they're added to one board).
2. Business class has a native calendar view so you wouldn't need to use the power-up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events