Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the "Location" field

John Steenson July 11, 2021

I have a Trello card that has a "Location" field on the right hand side of the card (shown below).  I started this project from a template, so not sure if standard field.  In any case, I am not able to find / update the field using Butler or a bot using Automate.io.  I have a custom field with the address where I pull from a spreadsheet, and want a butler task to copy that address to the location when updated, so the ticket can show the destination in the map.  I can copy the field to the location manually, and it works fine - I just want the step automated.

Is there a variable name that I am missing?

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
John Steenson July 11, 2021

Additional context:
The "Location" field provides the mapping capabilities just fine - it's just that the putting the address in the Location field is a manual process - where I would like to find the name of the field so I can copy the value using a butler or bot

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

@John Steenson 

That field is currently not a variable in Butler as the Map power up expects you to search a look and select from the suggested list of names. So to update from another source you need to us the api to update a card. Currently, I have the geocoding and update of card back to back but they can be separated easily. 

Update : Now I have a separate module just to take the location from another card to the new card.

https://trello.com/c/pO6tEHDP/

John Steenson July 15, 2021

I guess I am not exactly sure how to use what you sent me - please advise

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

@John Steenson 

I understand. Not many Trello users are using this in their automation. Http request allows you to call third party services to handle something you need. In this case it is to take the data from one card and update another. If this is critical for you, do contact me via my webpage on my profile. 

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2021

@John Steenson 

In response to a similar post, I have developed this. 
https://trello.com/c/TVe3Rf7V

It gets the Geocoding based on your address input and updates the location fields so that Map view will show the new location drop pin and the revised map. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events