cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated attachments are not being saved to the card

Bill Hoffman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2023

I'm sure this is a rookie mistake.  But I have an excel sheet which needs to be accessed off a card and periodically updated.  I can make changes to the spreadsheet (after "allow editing") from the copy on the Trello card.  But when I hit "Save" manually (since it doesn't save automatically) and close the spreadsheet the changes are NOT saved to the attachment on the card.  When I open the attachment again from the card all prior changes are gone.  I uploaded the attachment from my computer (and the copy on the computer is also not being updated with changes).  Thanks for thoughts and help. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2023

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

To be honest, I'm unsure how exactly you're updating the files within Trello, because whenever I upload an .xls or .csv file I'm unable to edit it, but only to download it back to my computer. 

With that said, Trello doesn't offer a two-way sync with files stored on your computer. You can regard files uploaded to Trello as static attachments. If you update a file on your machine, you'll have to re-upload an updated version to Trello and delete the previous file. 

If you want to be able to view live updates in your spreadsheets, I'd suggest using Google Sheets instead. That way, once you upload a Google Sheet file to Trello, whenever you update it separately, you'll be redirected to the updated file from Trello when attempting to view a file. 

Hope this helps! 

Alina | The Trello Team

Bill Hoffman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 12, 2023

Thanks, Alina.  I changed so the Trello attachment is the OneDrive version of the spreadsheet.  Now I can double click in Trello which brings up the attachment from OneDrive, edit it and the revisions are on the OneDrive version (and accessible within Trello).  So that did solve my problem - appreciate the insights.

Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2023

Perfect! I'm glad I could be of help, Bill 🙂

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events