Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Due Date with TeamGantt start date - using Butler?

Dean Kahl November 26, 2020

I use Trello for creating all my tasks and then TeamGantt to schedule these giving an idea of how long each task will last.

If I move a task in TeamGantt, it will update the start and end dates in the TeamGantt Trello Power-Up, but not the Trello Due Date.

Is it possible for Butler to see the TeamGantt start date, and automatically update the Trello Due Date?

1 answer

0 votes
Carmen Kompatscher December 10, 2020

I have the same problem, only I would like to connect it to the end date in TeamGantt.

It would be also good to have some sort of automation that a card is moved to a certain list in Trello as soon as it starts in Team Gantt. 

Is anything like that possible with Butler? 

Dean Kahl December 10, 2020

@Carmen Kompatscher I had a response from Trello and unfortunately, there is no way to link TeamGantt to the due date, either directly or by using Butler.

Although you can't use Butler for your list move when the task is started in TeamGantt, you might be able to use the TeamGantt Power-Up "List Percent Complete Settings" to do this.

You can probably use Butler to move a card, and therefore update the percentage in TeamGantt, but asking Butler to move on the Due Date of the card (if the due date is the start date!)

Carmen Kompatscher December 14, 2020

Thanks @Dean Kahl I'll try that! It won't solve everything but it can help. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events