Unique profile name per workspace

RaveWolf October 10, 2021

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums. I would like to know if it's possible to change your profile for each workspace. I play a lot of Online games and would love to be able to change my Profile name based on the name I use within each respective game instead of creating a whole new account and new email address for each and every game I play and workspace I create.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

@RaveWolf I'd recommending just creating another Trello/Atlassian account and you can switch back and forth between them as needed for work and gaming. I only have one at the moment, so I can't speak too much to what that experience is like, but I do believe there's some pieces in places to make it easier to switch between Atlassian accounts, so if it is a pain to do so now, should only be temporary!

RaveWolf October 11, 2021

Thanks for the advise, but that would then also require everyone to now create a new email account or another account on another platform as Atlassian / Trello do not use independant logins, but require you to log in using another platform and also does not allow you to use the same email address twice. That means another account, another login, another password to remember. Not everyone is willing to go that far just for a dedicated collaborative gaming platform.

I personally do have multiple email accounts as I find it easier to keep profiles separate, but not everyone thinks the same and ends up being work instead of play.

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2021

Hi @RaveWolf 👋

Welcome to the Community! Unfortunately, it's not possible to change your profile per Workspace as it's all tied to your Trello account and your profile extends from that. Is there a specific need to change each profile? I ask just in case we can find a work around.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

RaveWolf October 11, 2021

Hi @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ 

Thank you for your response.

Not that I need to explain but just for context purposes, Trello as we know is used for lot's of different fields, Groups, businesses, projects etc, and for the most part and for lack ao a better term is a brainstorming platform.

I have some of my own personal projects on it and also collaborate on other projects, but I also use it (or would like to use it) for my online gaming Guilds / Groups / Teams, or whatever the game would refer to it as. But as I'm sure you're well aware, we don't always use the same name across all games or for work. I wouldn't want my online Gamers to know my real name and may not want Work or other project collaborators to know my online Handles or Gamer name(s) etc.

I can see many areas where this would be beneficial in the future as I know Trello is growing rapidly and always adding new ideas and integrations.

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks Again,

RaveWolf.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events