Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under this scenario will free plan be adequate?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2020

I am designing a 4 board learning system with a backend integration. The starting point for these boards are personal, private boards.

Two of the 4 boards will have members joining via invitation. The permission is defaulted to "Normal" upon joining.

In the learning portal, each member will be tagged to a student card. The student is expected to move the card from one list to another as the course progress. The system handles the rest of the processing. Obviously, nothing in Trello prevents any participant on the board from doing extraneous things but commenting will be disabled on this board.

In the class portal, members also have "Normal" permission but they are not tagged to any card but they will be allowed to comment / ask questions on topics and engage on social basis in another list. The plan is that they can, create cards, decorate them, post stickers etc.

It is expected that members on the board will change at end of each course.

As far as power-ups, it is likely that I can accommodate with Gold or my personal Business Class plans.

Given the above, will the student as a member need upgrade from their free plan? Based on current testing, it appears that the answer is NO.

Under what circumstances will the student as a member will be forced to subscribed to either Gold or Business class plan?

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2020

Hi there,

Happy to help you out here.

In general, if you are the owner of the boards, then the people that you invite to the boards won't be charged to join your boards.

However, there is a chance that you will be charged if the boards are part of your Business Class team, and the guests are on more than one of your team boards. In this scenario, they are classed as Multi-Board Guests, and you will be charged for this. Here is some information about billing in Business Class: https://help.trello.com/article/855-how-billing-works-with-trello-business-class.

If you'd like more specific information related to your account set-up, feel free to send us a message at https://trello.com/contact.

Enjoy your weekend!

Ryan

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2020

Frankly this is rather confusing. If eventually, should we go into business I would be most glad to pay for business class. What am I working towards is that students do not need to pay as they may only wish to use Trello for the course.

So re: your comment "and the guests are on more than one of your team boards. "  if I put all students into one team (regardless of course) and each student will at best use 2 boards at a time then am I correct that they will not be charged. I can do that because have the automation to load different courses into the same board.

Am I correct that I can managed people in and out of the team using the "Remove from Board" ?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2020

Observers are a per-board status for Team Members or Guests. If you have a Guest who has joined only

one board on the team, you won't be billed for them and can designate them as a board Observer at no cost. However, if the user has been added to any additional boards, they become a Multi-board Guest who is a billable team member.

Based on the above for BC team a guest can only be an observer. Am I right?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events