Unable to login using Google account on Trello for Mac

C0deZ September 25, 2017

When I click Google account icon on Trello for Mac, nothing happens and if I wait longer, the whole app window will turn blank and nothing else.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2017

Hi there,

Are you signing into an existing account or creating a new account? Are you able to sign in at trello.com as expected, just not via the app?

We just released version 2.9.6 of the app, so let's start by making sure you're fully updated to the newest version. If you're still having this problem after that, I would encourage you to reach out with some more computer and OS version details to https://trello.com/contact, and we'll be glad to look into what's going on!

Thilak Rao October 12, 2017

I'm using Trello (for Mac) version 2.9.7. From what I can tell, this is the latest Mac. 

I use Trello at work, and I'm unable to log into the Mac app using Google Auth. I can log-in just fine with my web browser. 

This is a bug perhaps? 

Edit: I was able to workaround this problemn by setting a password, and then using my email and password to login. It's a pain nevertheless. 

Enam August 26, 2020

Hi, 

I am having the same problem. I can login fine on the web. cant login to the mac app.

As you see in the screenshot, I am using 2.11.7 version of Trello. My Mac pro is the latest one too. Just frustrating. Hope you guys fix this problem. Seems like it has been there for 3 years !!!

Bye

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 14.44.13.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 14.40.54.png

Like Boris Jung likes this
Boris Jung January 23, 2021

Same Problem here...

Kristof Taveirne January 25, 2021

Same here!

I get something like "can't log you in, this browser or app is possible not secure. Please use a different browser". (translating freely here).

I get it after providing my gmail adres, where I would normally get a password prompt.

Reda January 26, 2021

Click "can't access account" then choose the option to send a recovery link to your email. This will allow you to attach a password to you Atlassian account if you never had one before because you only ever used your google account. Hope this helps!

Enam January 26, 2021

Hi, 
The mac app login problem was solved for me. I reported the problem here 5 months ago... was using the web since then.... tried to login today in the mac trello app.... it logged me in. below is the version of my mac and trello app version.

I hope this helps. 

Mac OS Big Sur 11.1

Trello.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events