Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to link to Jira Cloud in Trello Desktop App "Popups Blocked in Browser"

Steve Harman September 29, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to enable the Jira Cloud power-up in the Trello Desktop app (Mac). 

I've found the power-up, pasted in my Jira URL, tried to continue but the desktop app tells me that "Pop-up windows are being blocked by your browser....."

• Firstly - what's my browser got do do with anything?  ;-)
  • Secondly - I've already gone into Chrome and enabled popups

I've tried quitting & re-launching the browser, quitting the Trello desktop app, have launched Chrome and verified that popups are now enabled, tried enabling the Jira power-up in the Trello desktop app again - same error.

Something I missed?

Thanks,

Steve

Jira_Power_Up.png

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi Steve,

We're unfortunately aware that not all Power-Ups are creating a smooth experience in the desktop app. Part of this does have to do with the Electron framework Patrik mentioned, and we're waiting on a major fix from Electron top resolve some of this.

Can you try logging into Trello in your regular browser and connecting the Jira Power-Up there? Does that work as expected? If it does, that should carry over to the Desktop app until we can fix that more permanently!

Stacey Carmichael
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2019

This solution worked for me!

1 vote
Patrik Csak October 2, 2017

Same problem here.

@Steve Harman, I think Trello's desktop app is built on Electron, which is essentially a web browser itself. The Trello desktop app is sort of like a web browser that can only go to trello.com. So, in this context, when Trello says 'pop-up windows are being blocked by your browser', it means 'pop-up windows are being blocked by Electron'.

0 votes
Nathan Petralia March 13, 2018

The JIRA connector works now, but Confluence does not.

0 votes
Patrik Csak October 3, 2017

It seems like the Jira Cloud Power-Up should get the same 'unsupported in desktop' disclaimer which the Box Power-Up has at the moment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events