Unable to gain access to my account

Kane Nelson December 14, 2017

How do I gain access to an account where the email address is no longer in use?

As you would expect, doing a password reset is useless.

Surely there is a way to gain access to this account. I can prove I am the owner as I have access to a board that my old login has access to. My old account is the Admin of the board as I created it.

If I wasn't the owner of this account, how is it possible that this user remains in the system with an inactive email address?

1 answer

0 votes
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2017

Hi Kane,

Marta here, from Trello Support.

For security reasons, we can't delete your old account, nor can we change the email address associated with it. Even if the email is no longer in use, if you remember the password, you should be able to log in to Trello and add a secondary email address to your account.

If you don't remember the password and there's no way to temporarily activate your old email address, unfortunately, you won't be able to gain access to the account.

That being said, we can rename your old's account information. Here's what we would change:

• Your username, @username would be changed to @not_username
  • Your full name, First Last, would be changed to Not First Last
  • We'll remove your user's profile picture

Please contacts us at trello.com/contact to let me know if you'd like us to make these changes. We'll also reach out to the account's email address to mention the changes and reconfirm inactivity.

Cheers,

Marta

Kane Nelson December 18, 2017

Hi Marta,

Thanks for responding.

I have access to my password in my password manager, however, when I attempt to log in I am presented with "There isn't an account for this email" therefore I am unable to log in.

Please advise.

Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Kane,

Thanks for your message and sorry I haven't got back to you earlier. Would you mind contacting us at trello.com/contact so we can further troubleshoot this?

Cheers,

Marta

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events