Typeform powerup is creating duplicate cards

Evey Simon October 1, 2019

In the last 24 hours, every typeform entry has created a duplicate card. I can't find what is creating this and where to fix it. 

2 answers

0 votes
Hannibal Bray April 27, 2020

Think I'm having similar issues...

Originally setup integration in Typeform to create a new Trello Card every time a Typeform survey is created. Was working OK ok my computer/browser version of Trello... but the data is unreadable on mobile device where I need it most.

So I created a Zap in Zapier to create the Trello Card instead and it's working perfectly... except I keep getting duplicate cards created now everytime someone fills out a Typeform survey.

I have disabled the PowerUp in Trello...

And even went into my Zapier account and disconnected everything and re-built the Zaps from scratch.

So I'm pretty convinced this is a Trello issue.

The "disable" feature does not seem to be dis-abling... 

Any insight? Advice?

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2020

Hey Hannibal,

Sorry for just now seeing this. I'd suggest revoking any Application access from your account page as well https://trello.com/my/account

If you for example, disable a Power-Up that was using an API token, that doesn't automatically revoke the token. That still persists, so the automation could still be occurring.

If you revoke all typeform and zapier access, that should essentially start you with a clean slate.

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2019

Sorry to hear about that, Evey.

Do you currently have a Typeform set to sync with your Trello board every time the form is submitted? If so, I'd first recommend removing that integration from Typeform's side. Once removed, I'd suggest manually filling out that form as test.

If a card is still created, then there's likely another integration that is also linking that form to Trello somewhere. If there isn't however, go ahead and reenable the integration in the form, then try it once more.

If a duplicate appears after reenabling it, then that would indicate there may be an issue with Typeform specifically.

I hope that helps you track down the issue here. Let me know how that goes or if you have any questions!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events