Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two ways sync Trello and Google Agenda without Powerup (free)

karnabal October 22, 2018

Hello,

How can I sync Trello and Google Agenda without Powerup? I did it on a board, but I can't find out how I did it (was trying a lot of solutions). Now, in this board, no more powerup activated and the synchronization is still there. How can I reproduce this on an other board?

Thank you in advance!

[Edit] It was with Cronofy. But it doesn't work anymore with another board. :(

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2018

What outcome are you trying to achieve with this? What is your desired workflow?

karnabal October 22, 2018

Hi Iain,

I'm planning a training, as the head teacher. In my Trello board each card figure a course. When I assign a due date to a card, I expect to see the course as an event in Google Agenda. I want to be able to edit the Google Agenda event and see the modification in Trello's card. I want to be able to edit the Trello's card and be able to see the modification in the Google Agenda as well. Hope this description will help. :)

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2018

I don't think there are any options that do free 2 way sync, only free one say synch from Trello to Googe Calendar. Planyway has a free one way synch as does the standard Calendar power up. It is a bit of a mystery that your two way synch is still functioning! Maybe you set this up on some sort of free trial for Planyway and somehow it is still running because you disabled the power up before the trial ended or something :)

Anyway the short answer is I don't think you can do this for free. One solution might be to add the card's email address to the calendar event as a guest, then you will receive email notifications back to the card when events change. If you didn't have a large number of these updates a Butler command could update the due date based on the content of the email which would arrive as a comment.

Alternatively you could just see the updates in the comments and update the due date manually until it's worth paying for a real solution :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events