Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off Google Search for a Public Board

Abby Bates August 31, 2021

Hi! 

I currently sell "100 Captions for Photographers" in my education shop. I have all of the captions categorized in Trello. When a buyer purchases the captions via shopify they get a PDF with a link to the trello board. The board has to be public in order for the board to pull up from that link. I have tested it and when it is made private, they no longer have access from the PDF. 

The problem is, being a public board means that anyone can do a google search and find these captions for FREE! This is obviously a major issues.

What is the solution? 

2 answers

0 votes
Bryan Garner November 10, 2021

Wouldn't it be a simple enhancement to <noindex, nofollow> boards as a default? I would imagine this to be the most common use case (I could be wrong), where a company wants to give an external group visibility into a process, but doesn't want the world to know about it. A toggle in settings to could on/off the noindex tag.

It's not perfect, but security by obscurity is better than accidentally ranking in Google.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2021

@Abby Bates 

The attachments on your private boards will require that the person have access to the board. This requirement has just been added. There is an "External Share" power up that allows you to share the card and its attachment. That might work for you.

The other option is to have a service that will download the same via a URL. The endpoint to keep your credentials hidden from your buyer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events