Turn off auto watch and reminders when setting date due date on card

Todd Galloway April 17, 2019

I use Trello for a personal Kanban board.   Just recently there is a new 'send reminder' option when setting a due date and you have to pick something.  I don't want reminders when I'm picking a due date is there a way to turn this off?   I seriously will likely stop using the product if this is a thing that can't be configured as I don't want excessive reminders about stuff.   I just want to see the date to remind myself and see it go red when something is late...that's it.    Also having the watch feature get turned on automatically when doing this is super annoying....it's my board and only my board so I don't want to watch it and hate clicking that every time as well.  I'm going to be an ex customer soon if this doesn't change or can't be made configurable...not sure why this isn't an optional thing in the first place...forcing watching and reminders on people seems silly to me.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Todd Galloway April 29, 2019

Update:  Looks like there is now an option to selection "None" for the reminder time which in turn doesn't set a watch.   So improvement at least.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

@Todd Galloway @Elizabeth Walker make sure you email support@trello.com and let them know you dislike that feature! It's something they're experimenting with so they need to know whether people like it or not.

Elizabeth Walker April 19, 2019

Done! Thank you.

Todd Galloway April 22, 2019

Thank you for the suggestion @Iain Dooley - I have done as you suggested.

Zack Arnold April 1, 2020

@Iain Dooley Is there a way to create a default setting of 'None' so you never receive reminders for all new cards unless you specific in each individual card? These constant reminders all day long for stuff due in 24 hrs is aggravating, but I don't want to have to select each individual card to turn them off. That's incredibly inefficient, the antithesis of what Trello is hoping to promote. Thanks.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2020

@Zack_Arnold you should only have to choose that once, and then never again. I've noticed a bug in iOS that makes me choose not to ask again every time but the desktop and web apps honour that setting.

0 votes
Elizabeth Walker April 17, 2019

Same. I'm glad I am not the only one with this concern! I use Trello to manage my next few days and getting the constant reminders is annoying since i'm looking at the board all day at work, but I need the dates to help me prioritize. I guess there might be a plug in that helps, but i'm using the ageing one.

I hope they tell us how to turn it off!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events