Turn an admin into a user

Gina Emmenegger September 9, 2022

Hi everyone

We have many boards where the admins no longer work for us. Accordingly, these can now not be used otherwise and block the numbers of our boards. How can I change a admin (who no longer works for us) into a normal user, so that I can delete him from the board afterwards?

Many thanks,

Gina

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

@Gina Emmenegger as long as there's another admin on the board, you should just be able to hover over their avatar in the board toolbar (near the top) and then select "remove from board". 

image.png

I believe you will need to have another admin on the board though... so if you don't have any other admins on that board, it might be a bit of a problem. I've seen some posts about this and unfortunately don't know of a good answer of what to do if you have someone who has left but they're the only admin of the board. You can contact trello support and they can help you out perhaps? https://trello.com/contact

Gina Emmenegger September 12, 2022

Hi Brittany

Thanks for your respons. As I don't have an other admin, I can't switch / remove from board. I will contact trello directly, thank you anyway a have a great day.

Gina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events