Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to send my boss a notification about what i am doing.

Jason Liu January 19, 2018

I have been using Trello for 2 years. and this is a great tool managing my work especially i am not a really organizing person. I am trying to pull my manager in trello but she is not interested in it.

I also used bot on slack, but she was not a fan about slack neither.

Capture.PNG

The problem is, she want me report to her for almost every task i did. but it redundant and overwork to send every email regarding the the process of multiple works. lots of my task request multiple parts and it will be helpful if she can just read the log.

So I am looking at sending her a email automatically about the activity log when the card get updated. I tried Zapier, but there was no activity log as the Slack bot did. And my boss said she couldn't open the link....

Capture2.PNG

Does anyone have same kind issues or know how to do send the activities?

Thanks a lot

1 answer

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Jason,

In order to open the link that card, your boss will need to be a member of that board or its team and will need to be logged into Trello.

Regarding automating updates through Zapier, we'd suggest contacting Zapier's support directly about this. When creating a zap based on activity from Trello, it's possible to select information about the activity to automatically include in the zap's next action.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events