• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trying to accept an invite to a board...

I was sent an invite through my email to join a board but I am getting the message that the user already has a membership. I'm not sure if this means I already have access to the board or if something else is the issue. Regardless I am not seeing the board on my home trello page.

1 answer

I came across this snag too. Here’s the scoop:

In the world of Trello there are three options for licensing:

• Free
  • Business Class
  • Enterprise

For myself, I currently have two boards under a Business Class license. Under this Business Class license “Team Members” with Admin rights can access as many boards as can be created under the Business Class license. There is a fee for each person under the Business Class license. So I put everyone else under Guests to keep the cost down.

The guests however are only allowed to access 1 single board under the Business Class license. If I try to give someone access to more than one board they get the error you spoke of. 

The work arounds are for the board owner to add you as a Team Member under the business class license or change to an Enterprise license, then Guests can access multiple boards. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

846 views 14 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you