Trello - view entire team to do lists

Mary Holfelner November 30, 2018

Hello, 

I have been using Trello for my Digital Ad Agency for about 1.5 years and one feature we wish it had (and are considering switching to a new platform because of) is the ability for project manager like myself to see on a macro level all the tasks assigned to each person to evaluate the status. Maybe in a calendar view or list view where I can sort by due dates.

I would also ideally love if I could assign a task. Give an amount of time it "should" take and then use that to make sure I'm not overbooking someone when assigning work. So for example if a task takes 2 hours, and that person already has 8 hours of work booked for a day, I can then know that and assign it for a different day or shuffle around their to-do priorities. 

Does anyone know of integrations or powerups I'm unaware of or ways I can make this work? I would love if I could just add to trello instead of investing in a whole new project management system. 

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2018

@Mary Holfelner @[deleted] Trello and it's constellation of integrations can do everything you need.

If you're doing team/resource planning with overlaps on a time basis, the best tool for this is Placker. You only pay for your Placker users, so you can manage all your team members and only pay one Placker subscription. It has a power up but also you can just login to Placker and do everything from there.

You can also view any users's profile page to see what cards they're assigned to, just replace your own username with theirs in your cards view link -- you'll see all cards they're assigned to that you also have access to, for example here's mine, you'll see any cards I'm a member of on public boards (not sure there are any ... ):

https://trello.com/iaindooley/cards

Lastly, I created a new integration for Trello called Benko Board that not only allows you to fully integrate Gmail and use Trello as an email client but also gives you a better "cards view" by having a personal board for each team member:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/benkoboard

I have also created an integration that allows the creation of cheap, robust and secure automations perfect for automating custom workflows:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/trellinator

Check my profile for details about help with setting these up, happy to chat and help if it's a good fit.

Deleted user November 30, 2018

Hey Iain,

Thanks for the follow up answer.  

Like # people like this
0 votes
Deleted user November 30, 2018

Hey Mary,

Unfortunately their are no "powerups, or integrations" to add such features into Trello.

But Trello does have a way for users to summit ideas for upcoming features. Here are the steps:

1. Click the link (Link
  2. Go to the bottom of the web-page
  3. Click "Ask Trello Support"
  4. Choose the following topic "I would like to suggest a feature" 
  5. Submit your wonderful idea

Best regards.

Bennett-Jr M.
Chief Executive Officer & Customer Support Advocate

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events