Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello on a touch screen

Jens Madsen June 13, 2017

We use SCRUM for various development projects, mostly from a regular whiteboard.  However, I have previously been very pleased with the ease-of.-use of trello when working in geographically dispersed teams, and now want to have the flexibility of merging things by gathering around a large touch screen in the office. 

However, I find that dragging cards between lists does not work at all.  Instead of moving a card, the entire view tries to scroll (e.g. left to right) as I attempt to drag. I found some old discussions of this issue (2014?) and was just wondering if there is a solution?  The problem seems to be agnostic to choice of browser.

4 answers

2 votes
Andrew Davis March 9, 2019

It's very surprising that Trello staff seems to be showing no interest in correcting this issue.

I've been searching for a solution regarding this. It is the only one flaw with Trello which may cause me to completely drop this system, and find another.

Please do the reasonable thing, which is correcting this issue for your users.
Thank you.

Brett Sweet November 21, 2019

Hi ANdrew. We use a zaagtech IR Frames from China which has built in HID (human interface device) drivers in the touch frame set up. We have been doing this for years. The IR frames work with all size screens. Thanks

0 votes

Great day to all!! I tried too several ways to make it work with a IR frame to make the screen touch, and I found that with windows and the TRELLO software, dragging cards it’s just impossible, but then I was looking, and testing other systems!! Because of this, I tested a Mac Mini late 2014 (2.6ghz) that I found cheap, downloaded the TRELLO app and guess what! The app works great!! the only thing I have to do was to upgrade the MacMini with a M.2 adapter and M.2 NVme SSD and make a clean install with BiSur OS, from a thumb drive, install it to the M.2 SSD and the system works like a charm!! My setup it’s with a 32 inch LG screen and a Chinese IR frame for this screen, but now this could work with a bigger screeen and bigger IR frame!! I’m thinking now in installing one in my business but with a 85 screen!! I hope this helps other!! Regards from Michoacan, Mexico!!

0 votes
lucadesimoni September 29, 2020

two years later and still not working?

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2017

Hey Jens!

Currently, the only "supported" touch screen capability is with the iOs and Android app version of Trello.  It may work hit-or-miss using a web browser, but it's not officilaly supported functionality.

I'd recommend submitting a feature request so they can know how many users really want the functionality, and potentially get supported soon!

sYou can submit a feautre request by sending an email to feature-ideas@trello.com.

Jens Madsen June 13, 2017

Thanks Matt, wlthough not the answer I was hoping for .... :)

campey April 18, 2018

This is the nth time I've googled to see if this is done yet, and keep coming back to this post. Is there a feature idea for this that I can upvote?

My use-case is I have a touch-screen laptop and it would be great to be able to drag cards around.

Hrm... Maybe this could be solved with a tampermonkey script...

Like Andrew Davis likes this
Money Team June 25, 2018

I have the exact same idea and was thinking of getting a touch screen monitor to mount on my wall for home project management using trello. I figure the touch screen is just an emulated mouse pointer that should do everything a mouse could. Guess it's not that easy. 

johannesmichael July 30, 2018

It would be a big help if it would work on the WIN 10 App too. So one could use it on a big wall-touchscreen....

It works with a digi pen at least.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events