Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello not letting me make a personal board.

zahmbie1 November 3, 2020

Whenever I try and make a personal board, the creation UI does not let me create a new personal board, and there is no drop-down to set it to personal.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2020

Hi @zahmbie1 ,

Welcome to the community!

If you are a free user then delete the team that you have created! after that you will able to create a personal board.

Or you can make the board private.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2020

This isn’t going to work for long as a workaround. All boards will be in a team/workspace. 

You can still set the board to be private but the board will need to be in a team. 

Essentially teams will be renamed workspaces. 
All boards will be in workspaces. 
A board just for you will be a private board (in the workspace). 

Instructors Berlitz Play November 3, 2020

what's going to be the board limit for those workplaces?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2020

Workspaces is just a new name for teams so it is the same as now - 10 active boards. 

Dale Eastham November 6, 2020

Hi, so I did not see an announcement, but I cannot set up Personal boards any more, that has been descoped?

I have a team and can now have a max 10 boards on the free version. 

Couldn't you have emailed e to say the terms and considions have changed for personal boards? I would suggest you do that if you are looking to move to a more aggressive freemium model. I imagine the security angle would be just cause for example. 

I am trying to get work to adopt as they use many other Atlassian products, just not Trello.

thanks

Dale

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events