Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello links from email do not work now Trello is no longer supporting Internet Explorer

Nicola Swankie June 18, 2019

When Trello stopped supporting Internet Explorer, my team all downloaded Chrome so we could carry on using Trello.

Unfortunately, as our organisation continues to use Explorer as our default browser, we can no longer use the links in any email notifications, as our system automatically attempts to open them in Internet Explorer.

Delving around Trello and Outlook we can find no way to get the links to open Chrome instead of Explorer.

Has anyone found a work around for this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2019

Hi Nicola,

Sorry to hear about that! Your computer would need to have the default browser setting changed to Chrome, rather than Internet Explorer. That's, unfortunately, the only way that clicking on the links will open Chrome, as Outlook will always choose your default browser.

Instead of left-clicking the links, you could right-click them and choose "Copy," and then paste the links in Chrome. That's a much more manual process, but would mean you could open them, at least!

yuying chen August 23, 2019

Hi mike, 

I have changed the default program setting in Control panel but it outlook is not responding to the change. Outlook is still trying to log in using Internet explorer, which sucks of course. 

I'm trying log in Trello add-in in my outlook, is there a workaround for this? No way to use link in Chrome... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events