Trello is not sending email notifications

Katri Nykänen September 22, 2021

We work on Trello a lot in my company and we rely on the email notifications to keep track of our tasks. So far when someone has added me to a new task card, I have received an email notification. However, that doesn't seem to work anymore. 

I checked my Trello settings and the notification settings are set to instant notifications.

I tried the test notification and that came through.

I have not allowed desktop notifications and I'm not using Trello on mobile.

I asked my colleague to tag me in a card and received no notification.

I am watching the card I was tagged in. 

I haven't received any notifications from Trello the whole day. Usually I receive 20-40 a day.

Any idea what the problem could be? I'm not the only person in my company with this problem and we would like to get it solved asap.

Thank you for any help.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

@Katri Nykänen have you checked to see if you actually got the notification by opening the notification panel here?

notifications.PNG

If you don't see any notifications there, it's expected you wouldn't receive any email notifications. If you're seeing notifications there, it sounds like there might be an issue around receiving the emails. Have you reached out to Trello support?

Katri Nykänen September 23, 2021

Hi, 

Thank you for answering. I checked and I am receiving notifications on Trello. So apparently the problem is only about the emails.

I have reached out to Trello support but haven't received any reply yet. 

I also asked the IT team in my company to check my email, and they said it seems to be fine. Somehow I wouldn't think the problem is in the email because other users said they have similar problems.

0 votes
Marek Masłowski March 21, 2023

Hi, any changes or solution for this issue?
I just created Trello space for my team and i dont receive any email notification. I receive normal In-Trello notification though.

0 votes
Alex A October 20, 2021

Same problem here. Email notifications suddenly stopped after Trello update. No changes from my side. The mail that I use is tested and working fine.

0 votes
Tiff Sisman September 22, 2021

Having a similar problem here... I am getting the email notifications but the comments folks are including just aren't there so I can't see what activities occurred.  That used to be included in the email notifications and settings don't allow you to change anything around that.  Is this part of the "new" Trello that just got pushed out?  

0 votes
joemallion September 22, 2021

We are having the same problem and like you rely on the email notifications to keep track of things. 

Katri Nykänen September 23, 2021

Hi, 

Did you try to reach out to Trello support about this? I did but haven't received any reply yet. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events