Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Trello is creating an image when I want to paste a copied text

Sophia I'm New Here Dec 09, 2022

Hi,

when I try to copy and paste text (e.g., from an E-Mail or Word-Document) to the card description, Trello is not pasting the text. Instead, it's pasting the text as an image.

Until a few days ago it worked as expected and the text was pasted to the card.

Can someone tell if I have to change some settings or how I can just past the plain text?

Thanks,

Sophia

1 answer

Hi @Sophia , welcome to the community! I got no information about a change like this and testing here on my end, every time I tried to copy a piece of information on my email or anywhere else and pasted it into the description, it worked with no issues. If this continues to happen on your side, would you please create a ticket with a screenshot and allow us to impersonate your account? You can do that here - https://trello.com/contact#/

Sophia I'm New Here Dec 14, 2022

Hi Rafael,

thanks for your reply. In the meantime, I found out that I had this issue only in the desktop app for Trello. In the web version, everything works fine. Also, I now updated the App, and now it works there as well.

I just forgot to close this question.

Thanks and Cheers,

Sophia

Like Rafael Dill likes this

I have also been having this very frustrating issue.....please advise how app users are to fix this. This is such a bizarre thing to have to 'deal with' for app users.

Thank you.

Like Douglas Axtell likes this

I have the same issue. Trello has gotten very wonky.

Rafael Dill Atlassian Team Jan 13, 2023

Hey @Mollie Mraz and @Douglas Axtell , thanks for writing to us! I've just looked into this again on my end (testing both on mac and windows) and found no issues when copying any text outside of Trello and pasting it into a card's description.

I would definitely recommend updating your apps but if the issue remains, in order to better help you with this, please raise a ticket with us informing us what platform you're using, the version of the app, and a screenshot of the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events