Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello is creating an image when I want to paste a copied text

Sophia December 9, 2022

Hi,

when I try to copy and paste text (e.g., from an E-Mail or Word-Document) to the card description, Trello is not pasting the text. Instead, it's pasting the text as an image.

Until a few days ago it worked as expected and the text was pasted to the card.

Can someone tell if I have to change some settings or how I can just past the plain text?

Thanks,

Sophia

2 answers

2 votes
Sophie March 5, 2023

Hi. I have the same problem. I only have this problem if I copy text from Word to Trello. I don't have this kind of problem if I copy from an text editor or from an email. It's really frustrating. Is there a solution to avoid this? Thanks

1 vote
Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Sophia , welcome to the community! I got no information about a change like this and testing here on my end, every time I tried to copy a piece of information on my email or anywhere else and pasted it into the description, it worked with no issues. If this continues to happen on your side, would you please create a ticket with a screenshot and allow us to impersonate your account? You can do that here - https://trello.com/contact#/

Sophia December 14, 2022

Hi Rafael,

thanks for your reply. In the meantime, I found out that I had this issue only in the desktop app for Trello. In the web version, everything works fine. Also, I now updated the App, and now it works there as well.

I just forgot to close this question.

Thanks and Cheers,

Sophia

Like Rafael Dill likes this
Mollie Mraz January 11, 2023

I have also been having this very frustrating issue.....please advise how app users are to fix this. This is such a bizarre thing to have to 'deal with' for app users.

Thank you.

Like Douglas Axtell likes this
Douglas Axtell January 12, 2023

I have the same issue. Trello has gotten very wonky.

Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2023

Hey @Mollie Mraz and @Douglas Axtell , thanks for writing to us! I've just looked into this again on my end (testing both on mac and windows) and found no issues when copying any text outside of Trello and pasting it into a card's description.

I would definitely recommend updating your apps but if the issue remains, in order to better help you with this, please raise a ticket with us informing us what platform you're using, the version of the app, and a screenshot of the issue.

Alan Taylor February 14, 2023

I found a workaround is to paste the text into the Comment field and then copy it from there... and paste it as text into the Description field

Like # people like this
Sherif Tariq March 1, 2023

I noticed this problem when Trello replaced their excellent text editor with the janky Atlassian / Jira text editor component. I find the new Atlassian editor frustrating to use. Having to paste my text into a text editor first and then into the Trello editor is cumbersome.

Like # people like this
mraxeel March 8, 2023

Same thing for me. Since the change of the text editor in Trello it pastes text from Microsoft Office apps as a picture on mac. If I copy the text to a text editor and then to Trello it works fine. Updated the app but the bug remained. 

Like Chris Weed likes this
Christian Konzack March 22, 2023

Same here ... three months and no solution yet? It drives me crazy!  And its wasting a lot of my time to rightclick instead of just pushing cmd-v

Like Joe Houska likes this
Chris Weed March 22, 2023

This is also broken in the web version with Chrome on Mac. It creates an image when I try to copy text from a Word document into the Trello card description. I use the workaround to copy into the comments and then into the description.

Like # people like this
Beth Wilson March 31, 2023

Thank you for this work around Chris. I was able to create a forward of an email, copy from there and paste into the description successfully but that no longer works. 

Erika Woodhouse May 2, 2023

Hi all -- same issue. I copy text from an email, which is Mail on a Mac, into the body OR comment of a Trello card. Rather than it receiving it as an image, it just does nothing. 

The workaround works for me -- pasting the email text to Notes then to the Trello card, so that is what I'm doing. But I don't like it -- seems unnecessary. 

It was frustrating enough to have the Atlassian formatting switch. It doesn't keep the formatting when I copy and paste to all my different platforms. None of those are obscure: Squarespace, Google Docs, Mail, etc. This seems like an additional irritation.

Ray Logan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 20, 2023

Hi - I am having the same issue suddenly - I do not want a work around to solve it, but prefer to fix it - any help would be appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events