Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello for a music teacher who wants to have a separate board for approx 30 students?

Lisa Jones April 19, 2022

Hi, 

I am wondering the best way a music teacher can set up individual boards for each of his students? What sort of Trello subscription should he have?  He currently has standard for him and I to share a couple of boards but it would not be feasible for him to pay approx $6 per student.  I am not sure whether Trello is his best option based on these type of prices.  He would not want his students to have to pay for a subscription to view one board. 

1 answer

0 votes
Çiğdem Büyükaşik
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2022

Hello @Lisa Jones
I think the best solution would be to set the board to public and share the link with the students to view it. That way the teacher won't need to pay for the students. This, however, is not a good idea if the board has some sensitive information or something that shouldn't be opened up to everyone. Here's how to do it if you're interested. 

On another note, we're about to release a power-up that solves for the need of sharing the input on a board with whoever you want through a portal. We're currently working on the use cases in education- like scenarios where teachers want to share some info with colleagues and some other with students. Would you be interested in telling me more about how you'd like to use Trello as a teacher? Learning about needs first hand might give us a clearer perspective and help us better understand the needs. Please do email me at cigdem.buyukasik@hipporello.com and send me what you're trying to achieve. I'm also up for a short call if you're interested. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events