Trello for Research Administration

Erika Wright March 17, 2022

Hello community! I was wondering if there are any other Research Administration offices out there using Trello? I've been using it personally for over a year - but now we are trying to think through how to build it out in numerous ways for our whole office. Hoping not to reinvent the wheel here - I thought I'd ask if any of my colleagues might already be doing this?

1 answer

0 votes
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2022

Hi @Erika Wright, welcome! I'm not a research administrator so I don't have a specific use case to share on that, but maybe you could provide some details about how you plan on using Trello/what data you want to put in Trello? That'll help us come up with some suggestions for you and your team. :) 

Erika Wright April 6, 2022

That's a great question! We're just starting the planning stage. I have been using it for my personal workflow for nearly 2 years and we've started a few shared spaces with links to useful information. I think we're going to try to build out some onboarding boards for our student assistants. But we are trying to be thoughtful about how we build all the pieces and how they might connect. For example - I'm wondering how easy or difficult it would be to have a lot of shared boards; which things really require a separate board in the first place; what happens when you have too many different boards; and finally - is it possible for things to be connected in a way so that our director has a quick overview? We're just jumping in, but cautiously! 

Niranjan Krishnamurthi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2022

Hi @Erika Wright I'm a researcher at Atlassian and I ALSO work on Trello.. I'd be happy to chat sometime about what we use Trello for in our research and design teams. Feel free to email me at nkrishnamurthi@atlassian.com and we can find some time. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events