Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello for PM and CRM

Paula Dirkes February 10, 2020

Good morning - I am a solopreneur doing training at multiple locations. I currently track communications and sales calls in Google sheets - this is not ideal. At present, I am a Trello newby.

My question re: Trello - if I use a Project Management template and also a CRM template within Trello, is it possible for the templates to overlap and 'share' my data? I'm trying to efficiently manage contacts and projects from one platform, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2020

Hi Paula,

It sounds like you want that data to sync across your boards, is that correct?

Currently Trello doesn't have native syncing capabilities like that, but you can add a link to the original card on the a card, so that you can refer back to it easily.

When you attach a link to a Trello card on another card, it will display a preview of that card, and will show which board and list it belongs to:

Image 2018-12-10 at 12.28.52 PM.png

You can also click on the "Connect cards" link to make it a 2-way link, so that both cards link to each other. Please note though that link does not have any implicit syncing features.

One other option you might want to explore—there are a few third-party Power-Ups that can help you keep cards in sync. You can check those out here:

Unito
Cardsync

Paula Dirkes February 12, 2020

Hi Garrett

That gives me some good info to chew on - thank you!

Can I import Google sheet data into Trello? Are there some guidelines for doing so?

Thanks,

Paula

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events