Trello email notifications suddenly stopped working

DANIEL MCVEAGH June 9, 2021

I and my work colleague have been using comments on trello cards to discuss matters pertaining to each card. This has always worked fine from day one.

Today, I suddenly stopped receiving email notifications from her. My comments to her when I tag her on a card are still generating emails to her, so it's only me who's not getting them.

I have been to https://trello.com/test_notifications to generate test notificaitons and those ones get through.

I have checked Junk and Spam in my email, I have not changed any settings anywhere in trello or my email. I have not updated a browser or email recently.

Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks,

Dan McV

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

@DANIEL MCVEAGH Could this be caused by the fact that, even if you have email notification delivery set to instant, they won't be sent if you view the notification on any other platform (mobile or web)

DANIEL MCVEAGH June 10, 2021

Thanks for such a quick reply  @Iain Dooley !

I did see that possible explanation in a similar thread, but this cannot be the explanation for me - I have only ever viewed or become aware of notifications via my email.

In fact, I have only ever used trello in one way which is in a chrome browser with notifications set to instant, and being sent to my work email (microsoft outlook account).

The notifications have suddenly, completely stopped yesterday with no changes in the way I work or updates to any software.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again,
Dan

DANIEL MCVEAGH June 10, 2021

Hello again @Iain Dooley 

Quick update to this: I have a second trello account that I use for personal stuff. So I joined this account in my work persona then as my personal self mentioned my work self in a comment. This notification did arrive in my work email as normal.

So that suggests that the issue is something to do with my work trello account rather than email/browser stuff?

Baffled as to what to do next.

Dan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events