Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello doesn't actually send a notification in slack - any help?

Jonathan Wright March 3, 2021

So whenever i set up a channel alert in Trello to go to slack i'll put in something like 

" @here A video is ready for review {cardname}. Link {cardlink}"

but the @ won't actually "notify" the channel (aka it won't be highlighted yellow and won't "ping" the channel. and similar if I notify like "@John_Doe A video is ready for review {cardname}. Link {cardlink}" it will once again just type exactly that without actually sending a notification to the user.

I've looked extensively and can't find a solution - any of you know the issue or the fix?

3 answers

0 votes
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 3, 2021

Hi @Jonathan Wright , 

I've made a tutorial video about getting notifications in Slack when you are @mentioned / tagged on a Trello card. It's not going to specifically @mention someone in Slack but if your team sets this up then they will get the notifications in Slack at least. Hope it helps! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7gMmeTCIOI

Any questions, let me know! Or comment on the video.

Cheers,

Dan

0 votes
Erin Burke
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2021

Hi Jonathan! I'm a PM on the Product Integrations team and we'd love to chat with you, you can reach out to me via email at eburke@atlassian.com smile

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2021

Hi Jonathan,

There isn't currently a way to send a Slack notification based on sending an alert from Trello. I'll make sure to pass onto my team to see if it is something that we can make available in the future.

Thanks,
Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events