Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello desktop app Offscreen

Bart Hoekstra October 29, 2017

I was trying to use the Trello App while on a flight.  The last time I had used it was when I had several external monitors and the app was positioned on my second screen.  Now when I open it, it doesn't appear on my laptop screen.  All the usual tricks for getting offscreen windows programs don't seem to work with the apps(changing desktop resolution, cascading windows, etc).  When I hover over the icon in the taskbar, the mini pop up window looks like it should, so I believe it is running, just not visible on the main screen.

I'm travelling internationally with limited internet and would like to be able to use the app.  Any suggestions?  

Bart 

2 answers

1 vote
Linskin January 15, 2018

I'm still waiting - this sucks.

Julie Clarke February 10, 2018

Me too. My old multi-monitor hub died and have set up on new one. Trello wants to open on a now non-existent screen. No way to recover it - "Cascade All Windows" does not work for me, so essentially Trello Windows app is now unusable.

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2017

Hi Bart,

This is an unfortunate bug that we're working on! We hope to have this fully resolved in a soon upcoming version of the Trello app.

To be clear, the Trello app, just like trello.com on the web, requires an active internet connection to work, so if you're in an area with limited internet, you may have mixed results using Trello.

Trello's mobile apps for iOS and Android, however, DO support offline sync, so you can continue working when you're offline. You may want to check those out!

Katherine Lawrence October 31, 2017

I am having the exact same issue. My usual solution is shift + right-click to move the stray window, and that doesn't work either (along with the tricks Bart mentioned above). 

Will the upcoming version with the bug fix be announced through your email newsletter or will the new version get pushed to the app such that we're notified? How should we go about finding out when this is available?

Thanks! (Enjoying the new app otherwise!)

Bart Hoekstra October 31, 2017

Thanks for the quick response Michael, looking forward to the updated App.

I wasn't aware that the Windows Trello App required Internet access.  I do have the Trello Android app and will use that in offline mode. 

Bart

Richard Linnell November 6, 2017

Same issue here with my multi screen setup.  Windows appear with the top of the chrome off screen, making it difficult to get them back on.

If this happens with other applications I Shift+Right Click the taskbar item and select "Move", but for trello they seem to have disabled this option.

The only way to get the window back "on page" is to right click the task bar and select "Cascade All Windows".

Hurry up dudes, this is poor.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events