It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trello delete permission

Is there a way to restore deleted cards?

if not- How do I set permission to my team not to delete cards?

I am afraid that a task will be deleted by mistake and prefer them to use archiving for this purpose

1 answer

1 vote
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jan 15, 2019

@Karin Givon you can't get a deleted card back and there's no way to stop people with edit permissions on the board from deleting them.

You can backup your Trello board periodically using the API, here is a google apps script solution for that:

http://www.littlebluemonkey.com/blog/trello-backup-30

You can also see in the board activity who deleted a card, so if someone does do it you can tell them to cut it out, but there's no way to protect against malicious action or incompetence resulting in deletion of a card other than to back it up and tell people not to do it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

My e-portfolio: using Trello to keep track of skills and experiences

The days are flying by so fast, I can’t seem to slow things down no matter how hard I try. My memory is great; however, I can’t seem to remember vivid details or even highlights from each year of my ...

8,936 views 19 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you