Trello- copied card archive or delete automatically

Adam Bullock August 7, 2017

I'm using multiple Trello boards, one for each of several individual projects. I also have one "master" work board, where I have a "To Do Today" list and a "To Do This Week" list. I also have "To Do", "Doing", and "Done" lists within the individual project boards. If I copy a card from a project "To Do" list to my "To Do Today" list in my "master" work board, is there any way that I can set Trello to automatically delete or archive that card from the list in the "master" board when I drag it from "To Do" to "Done" in its respective project board?

orrrrrrrr did I just lose everyone with my description....?

1 answer

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2017

Hi Adam,

Great question! A copied card is completely independent from the original, so moving the copied card on one board won't affect the original card on the other board.

You may be able to set something like this up using a third-party automation tool, such as Zapier or IFTTT. Or, if you're quite comfortable with code, you could write a custom script using our API, which is documented at https://developers.trello.com/.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events