Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello cards - Who added the card?

Lee Jones August 30, 2021

Hi all, I am looking for a quick visual indication of who added the card within the board. For example is there a way to colour code in some way the card automatically when the user adds the card.

I know I can open it up and look, but just thought there could be a quick way, even say a coloured dot in the corner.

Also can we colour code a new card, so if its the new card in the block, its got a new visual option so I can see it quickly.

Awesome bit of software though, changed my life.

2 answers

1 vote
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 31, 2021

Hey @Lee Jones 

You could try using Butler to add the person who added the card to your board, to that card as a member. This requires a variable, which is quite easy, you just need to add {username} as the member in the Butler rule. See the screenshot below where Ive highlighted it.

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 08.46.25.png

AND/OR...

You could try using Butler to automatically add a label when a card is added to a board (eg a green "NEW" label)? Then you could just remove it when you have seen the card. 

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 08.39.15.png

Quick tip. If you hover your mouse over a card and press "L"  on your keyboard (lower case is fine) you can quickly edit labels without opening the card :) 

Let me know if you need help setting up those Butler rules.

Thanks,

Dan

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2021

Another option is to auto label the cards with a custom label using the creator variable. There are different variables you could use such as:

{creatorusername}

{creatorfullname}

{creatorinitials}

Screenshot_20210831-201441_Chrome.jpg

If you create the labels before, butler will search for the label and apply the relevant one to the card. If butler can't find it, it will generate a new one. So you might want to create all of them beforehand of you want to choose what colour each person represents.

Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 31, 2021

This is cool! Thanks for sharing @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 🙌

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events